Classic Bike Tour
A unique way to discover the city’s best highlights
Some of the highlights you’lldiscover in the Classic Bike Tour with BikeTours Barcelona:
• Born area with the “Catedral del Mar” (Santa Maria del Mar Church, the best Barcelona Gothic Style) and the Old Central market. Below the market there are the remains of the medieval city (s XIV to XVIII) that Felipe V destroyed to build a military citadel and now this space is a museum and cultural center space
• The Cathedral de la Santa Creu i Santa Eulàlia reflects the different generations who have left their imprint and the blend of architectural styles in this predominantly Gothic building
• Plaça Sant Jaume has been the city’s political center almost since its inception. The square is the site of the most important buildings in the lives of Barcelona and Catalonia: City Hall and the Palau de la Generalitat
• Columbus monument & view of the Ramblas, the most popular avenue
• Barceloneta, the friendly atmosphere of the fascinating fishermen’s quarter, where locals use to go
• Beach, enjoy the ride through the Barceloneta beach and the Old Port
• Olympic Village & Olympic Port, created for the Olympic games in 1992
• The Arc de Triumph was built as the gateway to the fair, which was held in the Parc de la Ciutadella in 1888, when Barcelona hosted the Universal Exhibition
• Ciutadella Park, the biggest park of the city. In 1869, the demolition of the military citadel, built a century earlier by Philip V, was highly significant for a boom Barcelona with its sights firmly set on the 1888 Universal Exhibition. The result was a park which the architect Josep Fontseré adapted to the need of the world fair.Relics of the exhibition can still be seen today in the Parc de la Ciutadella
The bike tour is suitable for all ages, you will mostly get around on bike lanes and pedestrian areas, and our bicycles are very comfortable and easy to use.
You will also have the time to take beautiful photos during the stops for the explanations.
Choose the date, starting time, number of people, language and let us know other requirements you may have in the comments field of the reservation form or sending ane-mail. We will get in touch ASAP to confirm all the details.
Carrer de l’Esparteria 3 (behind Santa María del Mar church, in the Born) – unless another place is specified
English • French • German • Dutch • Spanish • Catalan • Italian and others (upon request)
Professional guides • Bicycle rental • Liability insurance
WHAT TO BRING
Comfortable clothing • Raincoat (in case of rain) • Sun protection
The tour will take place rain or shine
La elección de los lugares que visitamos fue perfecta, muy bien diseñado. Y muy bien elegidos los lugares y momentos para frenar y descansar. El guía muy simpático y alegre! Una experiencia inolvidable y excelente para conocer la ciudad de una forma más divertida.
We did the bike tour on our first day in Barcelona. It was a great way to get familiar with the surroundings and also learn a lot about the different areas we visited. We truly enjoyed it.
Mycket prisvärt och bästa sätter att upptäcka staden på!
Mycket bra! Trodde vi skulle bli en grupp men slutade med att det bara blev vi två resenärer och guiden. Han var mycket påläst, lätt att förstår och gav oss en bra inblick av Barcelona och dess historia. Han guidade runt oss även i de mindre turisttäta kvarteren och gav oss sedan tips på ytterligare besöksmål och hur vi skulle nå dem enklast. Lätt att cykla, bäst sätt att se staden! Bokade samma morgon.
Fabulous way to see Barcelona!
Great guide and a wonderful tour to many places we had not been before. Highly recommend this!
Excellent tour, very relaxing ride around the city and our tour guide Marc was extremely informative. Highly recommend!
Bellissimo… tutto è andato come da descrizione. Guida molto professionale. Bravi.
We had a great 3 hour tour through the streets of Barcelona. Mark was our tour guide and he was very knowledgeable about everything and flexible with what we wanted to see and do. The bike riding was relaxing and easy! It was a great way to start our trip and learn more about the city. He even gave us a list of his favorite restaurants! Highly recommend!