Classic Bike Tour
A unique way to discover the city’s best highlights
Some of the highlights you’lldiscover in the Classic Bike Tour with BikeTours Barcelona:
• Born area with the “Catedral del Mar” (Santa Maria del Mar Church, the best Barcelona Gothic Style) and the Old Central market. Below the market there are the remains of the medieval city (s XIV to XVIII) that Felipe V destroyed to build a military citadel and now this space is a museum and cultural center space
• The Cathedral de la Santa Creu i Santa Eulàlia reflects the different generations who have left their imprint and the blend of architectural styles in this predominantly Gothic building
• Plaça Sant Jaume has been the city’s political center almost since its inception. The square is the site of the most important buildings in the lives of Barcelona and Catalonia: City Hall and the Palau de la Generalitat
• Columbus monument & view of the Ramblas, the most popular avenue
• Barceloneta, the friendly atmosphere of the fascinating fishermen’s quarter, where locals use to go
• Beach, enjoy the ride through the Barceloneta beach and the Old Port
• Olympic Village & Olympic Port, created for the Olympic games in 1992
• The Arc de Triumph was built as the gateway to the fair, which was held in the Parc de la Ciutadella in 1888, when Barcelona hosted the Universal Exhibition
• Ciutadella Park, the biggest park of the city. In 1869, the demolition of the military citadel, built a century earlier by Philip V, was highly significant for a boom Barcelona with its sights firmly set on the 1888 Universal Exhibition. The result was a park which the architect Josep Fontseré adapted to the need of the world fair.Relics of the exhibition can still be seen today in the Parc de la Ciutadella
The bike tour is suitable for all ages, you will mostly get around on bike lanes and pedestrian areas, and our bicycles are very comfortable and easy to use.
You will also have the time to take beautiful photos during the stops for the explanations.
Choose the date, starting time, number of people, language and let us know other requirements you may have in the comments field of the reservation form or sending ane-mail. We will get in touch ASAP to confirm all the details.
- If you prefer an e-Bike (electric bike), please contact us to check availability.
- If you need helmets, please request them in the reservation form.
Carrer de l’Esparteria 3 (behind Santa María del Mar church, in the Born) – unless another place is specified
English • French • German • Dutch • Spanish • Catalan • Italian and others (upon request)
Professional guides • Bicycle rental • Liability insurance
WHAT TO BRING
Comfortable clothing • Raincoat (in case of rain) • Sun protection
The tour will take place rain or shine