Modernist Bike Tour
Discover Gaudí’s master pieces and modernism style in Barcelona
Some of the buildings you’ll discover in the Modernist Bike Tour with BikeTours Barcelona:
• Sagrada Familia, an immense basilica that has been under construction since 1882. Is considered Gaudi’s masterpiece. Influenced by his passions in life: architecture, nature and religion
• Casa Milà (the owner’s name, but also called La Pedrera), in Passeig de Gràcia Avenue, built during the years 1905-1910
• Casa Batlló, also in Passeig de Gràcia Avenue, a slender building originally built between 1875 and 1877 and remodelled in 1904-1906 by Gaudí and Josep Maria Jujol
From other Architects:
• Casa Amatller (Josep Puig i Cadafalch), a building originally designed as a residence for chocolatier Antoni Amatller and constructed between 1898 and 1900
• Casa LleóMorera (Lluis Domènech i Montaner), a building originally constructed in 1864 but renovated in 1902. In 1906 it received an award for the best building of the year from the Barcelona City Council
• Casa de les Punxes(Josep Puig I Cadafalch), House of Spikes or Casa Terrades is a building located on Avinguda Diagonal constructed in 1905, commissioned by the
Terrades sisters. The house includes different ceramic panels illustrating patriotic motifs. The best known depicts Saint George and with the following legend: “Sant Patró de Catalunya, torneu-nos la llibertat” (“Holy Patron of Catalonia, give us back our freedom”)
• Palau de la Música Catalana (Lluis Domènech I Montaner), a concert hall in Barcelona built between 1905 and 1908 for the choral society Orfeó Català. In 1909 it received an award for the best building of the year from the Barcelona City Council
• Castell dels Tres Dragons (Lluís Domènech i Montaner), a cafe-restaurant for the 1888 Barcelona Universal Exposition. It is considered to mark the beginning of the Modernist period. Now, the building contains Barcelona’s Zoology Museum
• The Hivernacle (Josep Amargós I Samaranch), the GREENHOUSE, built in 1883-1887, in Parc de la Ciutadella,that is currently used for all types of social event
• The Umbracle (Josep Fontserè),Shade House in Parc de la Ciutadella, built in 1883-1884
This bike tour is suitable for all ages. You will mostly ride on bike lanes. Our bicycles are very comfortable and easy to use.
Just choose the date, starting time, number of people, language and let us know other requirements you may have in the comments field of the reservation form or sending an e-mail. We will get in touch ASAP to confirm all the details.
**If you prefer an e-Bike (electric bike), please contact us to check availability.
**If you need helmets, please request them in the reservation form.
Carrer de l’Esparteria 3 (behind Santa María del Mar church, in the Born) – unless another place is specified
English • French • German • Dutch • Spanish • Catalan • Italian and others (upon request)
Professional guides • Bicycle rental • Liability insurance
WHAT TO BRING
Comfortable clothing • Raincoat (in case of rain) • Sun protection
The tour will take place rain or shine