Montjuic Bike Tour
Get a spectacular view of the city from Montjuic
Climb Montjuic Mountain with a bicycle. Enjoy riding to the top of Montjuic hill and admire panoramic views of the city: the best way to enjoy stunning views of Barcelona. We will cycle to Miramar, Miró Foundation, Olympic Stadium, Palau Sant Jordi, MNACC and some nice parcs and continue along the seafront or another part of the city. Take an e-Bike tour if you prefer an easy climbing or we can also start from the top of the mountain.
We can start from the top, bringing the bikes there for you or we could ride up with groups of sporty people. We can also do the tour with electric bicycles if you prefer aneasy pedaling.
Some of the treasures that Montjuicmountain holds andyou’ll discover in the Montjuic Tour with BikeTours Barcelona:
• Montjuic Cactus Park, originally called Jardins de Mossèn Costa i Llobera, you will enjoy tropical plants during your ride
• The Miramar Gardens were landscaped for the 1929 Barcelona Universal Exposition and are located on a balconied area some 60 meters above sea level. They offer magnificent 270º views of the city
• Joan Miró Foundation,Miró is one of the most emblematic aspects of Catalan culture and identity. It’s a dynamic space where you can see other contemporary artists too. Architect: Josep Lluís Sert
• Montjuic Olympic Pool,incredible panoramic views of the city below
• Barcelona Olympic Park (Anella Olímpica) is a set of sports facilities built or refurbished for the Olympic Games held in Barcelona in 1992
• Lluís Companys Olympic Stadium, almost entirely renovated, maintaining from the initial project only its facade. It holds approximately 56,000 spectators.The Olympic Stadium of Montjuic has hosted numerous sporting events as many internationally renowned musical pop/rock concerts
• Palau Sant Jordi accommodate about 24,000 people. It is a covered pavilion and is considered a masterpiece of architecture. It was built by the Japanese architect Arata Isozaki
• The Plaça d’Europa, a spacious and nice square with the emblematic Calatrava tower
• Telecommunications Tower, work of architect Santiago Calatrava, its shape represents an athlete holding up the torch. The base of the tower is made using a technique called Trencadís (mosaic created from broken tiles), widely used in Catalan Art Nouveau architecture (modernism), and applied to the tower in reference to the Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí.Due its orientation, the tower acts as a huge hourglass projecting the shadow of the central needle into the Europe Square
• Palau Nacional, the National Art Museum of Catalonia,built in 1929 for the International Exhibition, has played host to prestigious events, including the opening ceremony of the Exhibition which was attended by royalty. Nowadays, the inside of the building is home not only to Catalonian art, but Romanesque art, Gothic Art, Renaissance art, and modern art
• Font Màgica of Montjuic was built by over 3000 workers in less than one year. Displaying its first performance in 1929 is a historical piece, comprises of waterfalls and ponds which display color, light, motion, music and water acrobatics to create, as the name suggests, a truly magical show.
• Mirador de l’Alcalde, provides panoramic views of the city. It comprises a series of terraces set out on different levelswith gardens and ornamental fountains. A curious mosaic made from shards of recycled glass demarcates the different levels of the belvedere. There are also two noteworthy sculptures: L’Homenatge a Barcelona (Tribute to Barcelona) by the sculptor Josep MariaSubirachs, and the popular Sardana, by Josep Cañas
• Montjuic Castle was a military fortress in the past and nowadays it houses a military museum supervised by Barcelona City Council.
The bike tour mostly gets around on bike lanes and pedestrian areas, and our bicycles are very comfortable and easy to use.
You will also have the time to take beautiful photos during the stops for the explanations.
Just choose the date, starting time, number of people, language and let us know other requirements you may have in the comments field of the reservation form or sending an e-mail. We will get in touch ASAP to confirm all the details.
- If you prefer an e-Bike, please contact us to check availability.
- If you need helmets, please request them in the reservation form.
Easy – if the route starts directly in Montjuic / or ride by an e-Bike (electric bike)
Sporty – if you use our classic bikes and the route starts in our shop, located in the Born
Carrer de l’Esparteria 3 (behind Santa María del Mar church, in the Born) – unless another place is specified
English • French • German • Dutch • Spanish • Catalan • Italian and others (upon request)
Professional guides • Bicycle rental • Liability insurance
WHAT TO BRING
Comfortable clothing • Raincoat (in case of rain) • Sun protection
The tour will take place rain or shine